Tuesday 21 May 2013

WHAT IS GOOD - ANSWERING THE BRIEF - RATIONALE

 
I think that the project has gone exceptionally well. I have answered the brief fully and have expanded on what was proposed. The exhibition is fun and informative and definitley appeals to an audience of young adults. The illustration style is quite professional rather than quite cartoony. I have experimented with using different types of light like the brief asked and have also included all the relevant information needed. The only thing that has changed is the deliverable of large scale posters. Instead of producing a few large scale posters I thought it would be more interesting to produce a load of smaller ones. This gives a winder range of products and also breaks up the wall space. The research in the module has helped me to pin down some of the most amazing glow in the dark organisms on the planet, it has also helped influence what ink and stock I had to use in order to produce glow in the dark prints.

The prints turned out really well in the end, If i had more time I would of liked to of run another set of prints through on coated paper to see if it made a difference to the glow, as I feel some of the phosphorus will of been absorbed into the paper which has effected the power of the glow. I designed the signage and branding for the exhibition too which matches the content. All of the illustrations throughout are consistent and help to outline the nature of the exhibition.

I am looking forward to experimenting more with glow in the dark as I feel there is so much you can do with it that has not yet been put to the test. The one thing that I think lets it down is the charge time. I think stronger inks wil probably be used in industry or they will have better printing methods as I think there is definitely room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment