Saturday 18 May 2013

PHIL WORKSHOP - CONCERTINA BOOK

I took photographs from my what is good project and turned them into 2 small 10 paged concertina booklets. Thes pocket sized guides highlight some of the most amazing glow in the dark organisms in the world. I drew the illustrations myself and pieced together the information from various sources.


  I wanted the guides to be pocket sized so I made the pages 84mm x 124mm. This was a good size to work with as it is small but still large enough for information. I used my rulers to make
sure the body copy lined up on each page.


As the Concertina booklet would need to be back to back I laid out all the images for the first 5 pages
and then the information on the back of each corresponding organism. 


The booklet could be handed out the exhibition and can be taken away if
they would like to read more on the organisms. 


The Booklet was quite small which meant there was not much room to play with the grid
but for the purpose of the booklet this format works well.
  
 SEA



LAND



PRINTED MOCK UPS

I would of liked to of screen printed these in fluorescent ink if I had more time but unfortunately it has been chaos in the final stages of the module so I was not able to get this done. This was a nice brief to experiment how information could be laid out in a concertina book. For the purpose of the booklet I thought the best way to link type and image was to have info on the backs of each of the organisms so when the viewer flips the booklet over they can read about each specific critter.



I was happy with the colour


Thicker stock would help


Folded




Land & Sea


No comments:

Post a Comment