Thursday 16 May 2013

GLOW PRINT TRIALS


In order to make sure my prints actually glowed in the dark I tried a few different paints. Using the glow in the dark powder I bought online I mixed up 2 different colour's, Aqua and Green, to see if they would be suitable for screen printing. After mixing the powder with the binder I found that the consistency was rather gritty so the particles were having trouble getting through the screen.

The image printed ok, but when it came to glowing it barely worked at all.
Here you can see the Aqua version which was by far the worst. 


Here is a gradient version I did which looked good but didn't glow much


Here is another example done in Aqua. After finding out my powder wasn't going to work I spoke to the technicians who luckily ordered some profesional inks in that was already mixed which seemed to
work a treat. Without that binder my exhibition would of been delayed. 


I also ran through some black and white versions just to see how the illustrations would come out


I am really happy with how all the prints have turned out. It has been a very
enjoyable experience and I cant wait to experiment some more. 


If I were to do the prints again I would maybe of done more coats and even tried printing on coated paper as this will give a brighter glow as less of the ink would be absorbed into the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment