Wednesday 1 May 2013

FRAME CONCEPT IDEAS

Lucky 7 & a place to be
 

 A place to be - I wanted to make the exhibition space THE PLACE TO BE 
so the frames look exclusive and create interest



Lucky 7 - playing on the gambling concept and people should have a gamble
and fancy there chances as the odds are good.

Significance of 7 


I researched into the significance of 7 which was something to 
try and inspire my concepts.

Time As a Factor


As competitions are something not everyone has time to do I wanted to play on the fact not everyone will
have the time to take part so the chanc of winning are higher. I wanted too look at the different stress levels of the graphic design 1st, 2nd and 3rd years showing how much free time everyone has.
 

This chart shows how good the odds are in pie format.


1st, 2nd and 3rd year watches showing how much spare time each has to do work.


I decided to look at golden eggs beeing the good ideas and all the losing entries as the bad eggs.
 

I tried coming up with puns to go with with posters, Crackin Design etc.

Design So good It needs Locking up
  

  I wanted to play on the fact the work will be locked up for 2 months, a bit like a prison sentence


This doesnt exactly encourage people to get involved however
 

Banged up for 2 months

Literal Showcase of Yourself
 

As an attempt to show that anyone can have a chance at getting in the frames I thought 
I could literally show people trapped in the frames.


I want to include a mirror in the poster to show that the viewer could be up there!


Another Idea I had was to stuff loads of random work up there, as another attempt of showing
anyone can get there stuff up there.

Best Before


The concept behind this was that the exhibition only runs for
2 months then its passed its sell by date.



Wall of Frame


The idea behind the wall of frame is that you get your 2 months of fame.
The poster will be laser cut out and some of the bricks replaced with mirrors
to show that the viewer can be a part of the wall of frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment