Monday 20 May 2013

GLOW EXHBITION PHOTOS

 WELCOME TO THE GALLERY THAT GLOWS

 

I used the tutorial room next to the studio for the exhibition. This was a perfect place to display my work as the room has no windows so no light can enter and spoil the effect. I set up my ten frames on the wall with velcro and positioned them so they covered the entire wall. I think the overall effect of the exhibition is amazing, The room has 3 different stages essentially and looks completely different using different light which I think is a really special touch. Here are a selection of photos I took, experimenting with the shutter speed in order to expose the camera to more light. I also experimented with the black light keeping it on for different amounts of time. I have messed about with the brightness afterwards to make the images clearer.


UV


Really Nice Deep Blue Glow


Can achieve different glows exposing it to more or less light


Sea Pen UV


UV
 

UV Copepod - slightly purple...nice
 

Dark Copepod


Jack O' Lantern Glow


Sea Pen Glow


UV Exhibition info


Info Glow


Sign Close up


Mycena Lux Coeli Light


Mycena Lux Coeli UV


Mycena Lux Coeli  Darkness


Up close



 Comb Jelly Light


Comb Jelly UV

  

Comb Jelly Darkness
 

Up close


Quantula Striata Daytime


Quantula Striata UV


Quantula Striata Darkness


Up Close


Vampire Squid Daytime
 

Vampire Squid Darkness


Vampire Squid UV


Fire Fly Daytime


Firefly UV


Fire Fly Darkness


Close Up


Angler Fish Daytime


Angler Fish UV


Angler Fish Darkness


Close up


Real Nice glow here - UV


Glow Worm Daytime


Glow Worm UV


Glow worm darkness


Up close
 

Up close


Copepod Daytime


Copepod UV


Copepod Darkness
 

UV up Close



Jack o' Lantern Daylight


UV


Glow


CLose


UV signage


Glow Signage


Sea Pen Daylight


UV
 

Glow


Light


UV
 

Dark


Nice colours here.


Glow

Booklet


Glow in the Dark Booklet


In UV Light


Glow Close


UV light

Overall I am really happy with the exhibition I have recieved lots of praise which has been a bit of a confidence boost. I had orgiinally thought I had taken on quite a big project, but I feel I have pushed the brief and the end result really shows this. I have slaved away for many hours trying to get everything printed and sorted in time for the deadline. I am glad I have enjoyed this project. I have kept motivated and focused throughout and hope to keep pushing my love of screen print and glow in the dark,

No comments:

Post a Comment