Sunday 5 May 2013

THE WALL OF FRAME DESIGNS

After the crit I decided the best option would be to give my wall of frame Idea as this got the best feedback and also had the strongest concept to it. I designed a few variations on Illustrator in order to try on the laser cutter.




This was my intial idea. I wanted to have a solid brick wall
with just the lettering cut out.

I drew round the bricks to create an illustrator path.
 I thought this was a bit plane so tried adding a frame to the design.

I decided the framed version worked better, it is more interesting
and eye catching It allso has more detail.


Here is a mock up of what it will look like when cut from 2 different 
types of wood with replacement mirrored bricks


 The mirrored bricks give the impression the viewer is part of the wall of frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment