Sunday 2 December 2012

MOUNTAIN TRIKE - INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT

DESIGN DEVELOPMENT

To give the client a range of ideas Emily and I came up with 2 separate versions of the leaflet. In terms of collaborating we advised one another on out decision decisions, and helping each other out along the way. This made sure that our designs varied but were of a standard we both could agree on.

As we didn't have much time to complete the brief Emily and I discussed our ideas in depth in order to narrow our content down. We decided on a select number of images to work with, that we thought highlighted Mountain Trike's best features. We also made decision's on colour, fonts, layout and style which was influenced by our research. Once we were happy with what we were gonna produce we both sat down and designed each designed a leaflet consulting each other along the way. I found this a very useful way of working. It made sure we didn't stray too far off away from our plan.


I Tested various different colours and layouts for the front cover until I found something we could work with. It was important to make the product look fun and stand out without looking tacky.  Our feed back specified that the logo needed to be at the top of the leaflet so it can be seen when in a rack this meant I had to come up with ways of making it stand out. We both agreed that the top left image worked best, it was noticeable and wasn't boxed in like the rest.


I was happy with the image on the front as this shows the potential Mountain Trike has, as
It shows the extreme terrain the wheelchair can tackle. The colours on the other hand didn't work very well. The brown colour looked mucky and tacky, and the green on white looked horrendous.


I took inspiration from visual research and applied it to my own design. I used tyre mark visuals to separate the images. This gave the impression of off roading etc.


 As I only had a small selection of photos to work with it was important that I used imagery that showed off all the products best features, I also needed to include photos which showed the user having fun, as its important to get across the fun exciting aspects of the product.


In order to break the page up I experimented with flowing shapes to reference the hills the Trike can tackle. I also experimented with the cropping the photo's, I wanted to reference the wheel, and also try make it a bit more visually appealing, however I think this limits the design.


Here you can see examples of imagery inspired by our visual research, I have used playful colourful shapes to try and emphasise the playfulness of the product. I have also used a gritty font for the tag line take your self further which captures what mountain trike is about.


There is far too much going on here but this is an example fo some of the imagery I was working with.


After feedback we looked at our designs and decided what worked best and what didn't then made our corrections and alterations. Leaving the content to be added to the design.


Here you can see the layout of the leaflet with room for information to be inserted.

The key information to include on the inside design of the leaflet is the details of the product, showing an annotating diagram of all the features of the mountain trike, in a clear and legible way. I kept with the mountain trike colour scheme here using green quads to highlight the features of the product.


another piece of key information we included was personal accounts of the products, with positive quotes which helps to give people faith in the product, I have tried to include as many as possible without making the leaflet look too cluttered.


It was important to show the products fold up capabilities as 
this is a huge thing to take into consideration when buying a mountain trike. 
It is essential it can be transported around.


FINAL VERSIONS

OUTSIDE

INSIDE



No comments:

Post a Comment