Wednesday 5 December 2012

CLIENT - NOLLIS AUTOMOTIVE DETAILING SERVICES - LOGO AND BRANDING

I was approached by a client who was just setting up an auto motive detailing service company. He wanted a logo coming up with for his company. He specializes in thorough car cleaning and servicing right down to taking it to bits. He wanted something that stood out but also something that represented the line of work he was in.


I decided to use a clean blue colour which represents cleanliness. The colour is also bright and recognisable. I decided to use a steering wheel / tyre to represent the relevance to cars and wheeled vehicles. I also wanted to incorporate a number plate into the design to enhance the whole vehicle element. I wanted the logo to be different from other conventional detailing services. And also use a quite up to date design style as aposed to the conventional boring logos you see everywhere.

After showing the logo to the client the logo he loved it and immediately wanted some business cards designing.


 As I wanted to get across the detail that he goes into whilst servicing cars, I decided to use a kind of blue print background, which represents the stripping down of the cars to its raw elements like in the design stages where everything is brand new and just bits ready to be put back together. I decided to put a gradient on it to represent the shine or gleam from a car.

 Here are some examples of the backs I experimented with

Final Business Card


He decided on this Layout for the final outcome

Land Rover Vinyl


Vinyl Proof



After I had created the business cards for him and they been sent off he decided he wanted a vinyl for his land rover to advertise his company so I sent him over the logo to be sent away to have the vinyl made.  Unfortunately it went a bit wrong from here. The client sent off the wrong logo to the vinyl cutters. Also I was not in charge of the lettering and this was left up to the Vinyl creators which was a bad decision. As the writing on the window doesn't fit in with the logo itself I feel. 

Stickers for Cleaning Products





The client wanted some simple stickers producing with the products information on the back and simple the logo  on the front with the name underneath, They are pretty simple but that is all that was needed for the cleaning products. It was mainly just to help with the organisation of his products. 


This project was a very helpful I learnt about sending stuff out to be printed commercially. The first time I sent the business cards off to the printer I had forgotten to add crop marks and bleed, fortunately the printers contacted me and I sent of the correct version. This was a small insight into the world of commercial print, and has helped me to prepare documents for print.

No comments:

Post a Comment