Sunday 2 December 2012

ISTD - Work Shop Concept Crit

5 Ways the public will interact with my work?

  • Promoters on the street
  • Website
  • The Restaurant
  • Freebies - Vouchers/Leaflet
  • Posters
  • Events - Graphic Design Conventions
  • Promotional Stall - pop up shop - letter press chocolates - type food hand outs.
5 Things I still don't know?
  • How will the restaurant look?
  • What type faces will I use?
  • How can I make it a fun dining experience for non designers?
  • How will the restaurant function?
  • How will I promote it?
5 Problems that need solving and why?
  • How can I visually communicate my humorous Menu ? - It is important that the menu reflects the food that is offered. I need to make it clear to non designers what the menu is about and find ways in which they will understand the references. I could include a type journal/glossary in the menu or incorporate this into the visually aspect of the restaurant. Anatomy of type mural?
  • The restaurant needs to be an experience not just a meal. - This will help create an interest with non designers. If people like the concept of the restaurant they will be excited to get involved with the dining experience. I want to try and create the feeling that you are in a type and design studio. Each guest could get some sort of job roll or outfit on arrival. This will make the restaurant more appealable.
  • Expand the menu - Although the menu is quite large at the moment, I think it needs some adjusting and extending. It would be nice to do a drinks menu. With Pantone Wine selections or cocktails. I have received positive feedback for my food/type puns and think it would be good to work on this.
  • How can I brand the restaurant. - I need to test out some fonts and play with some imagery to try come up with a theme that runs throughout, I need to create a logo and general feel to the restaurant that sticks with the type themes. I am thinking maybe a design studio, with cutting mats for mats ...etc
  • I need to narrow down my ideas - at the moment I have tonnes of different ideas that I would like to go with but I need to narrow it down and think about the time scale. I need to work out my deliverables.

No comments:

Post a Comment