Saturday 1 December 2012

STAG DO T-SHIRT DESIGN

One of my friends back home asked me to design a stag do T-Shirt for his brother. The Brief he sent me said:

Brief

I would like a Full T-shirt design for my brother Bens Stag Do. We are going to Riga in December 2012 for a Lads holiday weekend. There will be lots of gorgeous women, booze and crazy shenanigans over the course of the weekend. We have a limo full of strippers lined up for ben on arrival, where we will be taken on a shoot for the day. So I would like a T-shirt that incorporates some of these ideas. The T-shirt will be white but I will leave the colours etc up to you.

I look Forward to seeing what you've got

Matthew

Design Process

I was quite excited to start this as it was given me quite allot of freedom, I didn't want your standard lads holiday T-Shirts so I came up with a funny illustration that I think sums up the weekend quite well, without being tacky and shit like allot of these t-shirts.

I wanted to have the stag in there as they were going on a bit of a hunting holiday and thought there could be room to play with it. I pictured this Stag pissed out of his head that had managed to collect loads of random shit on his antlers throughout the night which tells a bit of a story. So that is exactly what I did.


I started drawing outlines of stag heads until I found 
a shape that worked best and had enough room
 on the antlersto add various items.

Too simple, the bas is too wide and not liking the shape.
This was my favourite design it was well proportioned and
also had plenty of room to add stuff to the antlers.
Once I had the silhouette down I added the necessary items, I started with the alcohol bottles as the night begins, then decided to add the braw and hand cuffs etc, for the stag's late night treat! I just used simple illustrations to match the simple silhouette of the stag. To Finish the design off I added text under the image and then some legs, I wasn't really feeling this, so decided to add reference to the shooting aspect of the trip by adding the barrel of a gun and a target on the stag. I think this represents the weekend well in a fun and humorous manner. Its definitely different to the average stag do t-shirt.

Off to the Printers

Once my design was finished I sent it off to the printers for a run of 20. All the T-shirts came back fine and there were no hitches along the way.

Finished T - Shirt


Apparently they all loved the T-Shirts and had a awesome time.

But what happens on Tour Stays on Tour

Overall the brief was fun both useful, I had fun illustrating the image and coming up with ideas. I think I have successfully completed the brief and he was more than happy with the outcome. Unfortunately I dont have a 
picture of the lads as they "lost the camera on the way home"

This was only a quick brief but it was the first T-Shirt i've had printed so it was nice to see what they looked like when they arrived. 

FINAL BOARDS


No comments:

Post a Comment