Friday 4 January 2013

YCN LEGO VIDEO DEVELOPMENT

After starting to build a pyramid out of lego at home for a stop motion video I realised I didn't have half the amount of lego I would need to make impressive sculptures so I found a digital lego designing application where you could create sculptures on the computer, then in a separate view you could watch as all the bricks are placed down to create the buildings.


After searching online I came across loads of pre-made lego models
which was really helpful. I was able to come across loads of historic landmarks
as lego has an architecture series already. My idea was for the buildings to represent
the greatness of lego by linking it to these masterpieces of human engineering.
Also trying to convey that anyone can do it and there are no boundaries.




Using lego digital designer I could view the buildings been built brick by brick
which was a really cool feature however I had to solve the problem of
recording my screen.





Some aspects of the video I built myself to accompany the buildings





I managed to download some screen recording software to capture the video
this allowed me to video only a section of the screen that I wanted which was good.




After lots of hassle trying to convert it to the right file type I managed to get
them in the right format which allowed me to work out the glitches
in Final Cut Pro.



I had some debates choosing what song should go over it, but in the end
I went for some magical sounding music from Sims 3. I think it works pretty well
Its up beat and fairy tail like which draws your attention.

Progress so Far


Unsure about the Titles will see what others think.

No comments:

Post a Comment