Tuesday 29 January 2013

REGGAE WEBSITE CONCEPT BOARDS



Here are the concept boards for my Roots Reggae Website.


I think I have successfully created a well designed and eye catching web site, that captures the essence of reggae. The problem I found with reggae websites, was that they were all poorly designed. They had probably been made my training web design fans just like me really but they had no sense of colour schemes or layout. i think I have communicated well covering a various avenues. If I had more time I would include allot more content but for the mean time the concept is down. The website is aimed at reggae fans, and people that might be interested in it. I have tried to capture the attention of the viewer by using a simple but colourful design, with easy to use navigation. Overall I think I have done a much better job designing a website than the existing ones I feel. It is simple yet eye catching and definitely captures that reggae roots feel. The natural colour scheme ties in with the song themes.

Improvements

If I were to improve the site I would sort out the buttons on the legends page as they seem a bit pixelate round the edges. I am unsure why this is so as I saved them as .png files which should support transparency.

Fonts used

Tiza - Rough and Natural, Similar to some Reggae Artists.
Chalkboard - kind of hand written more natural 

Colour Scheme

I used the obvious red 'gold' and green, and then decided to use browns to keep with the natural theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment