Wednesday 16 January 2013

MUTTON QUAD - RE-DESIGN

After the crit the other day it was made apparent that my branding needed a tweak. Although everybody really loved the concept and branding they thought it should just be 2 colours rather than three. It was also mentioned that It would be nice to screen print the products as this would be much more relevant to the nature of print, and also give it that personal touch that a printer cannot do.

So after the crit I went away and I looked at changing the colour scheme. I got rid of the orangey yellow and just went for the dark red and white. This was a bit of an issue as I had to change my logo completely it would not work with just red ad white the way it was. Here is what I came up with.

     AFTER                                  BEFORE 

I Changed the Steak House style typeface as this was sending out the wrong impression
I decided to Just stick with Rockwell. To solve the colour overlap problem I decided to put
the Title in a banner underneath this Looks much better now and I think the reduced colour
scheme definitely helps to give a classier image.



Menu Outside and In - 1 Colour Print Much easier to Read
Represents the restaurant perfectly.



Type Terminology Menu Outside and In


Place Mats / Cutting Mats


Beer mats - 2 Sans Serif, 2 Serif
If I had the time I would produce a larger set of beer mats with different fonts. 

Front

In order to screen print all my products I have prepared the images in illustrator ready to be
exposed. Once this is done I will carefully try and double side print my products.

Back

No comments:

Post a Comment