Thursday 23 February 2012

POSTER // APRIL SHOWERS BRINGS THE FLOWERS

For my final poster I decided to look at the benefits of rain and nature.
I found a quote online that says "April showers brings the flowers"
I thought this was quite a nice little saying so I decided to base my poster on this.
 I created the clouds and type to start with, I tried to keep it as simple and possible
so it worked with the other posters. I definitely prefer the one with the cream sky
 As I already had a blue sky one I decided against it.
I found a floral font to see if it worked but I don't think it works.
 I played about with filigree patterns which I think looks quite
nice, and also fits in with my rain poster
 I tried incorporating the Blanch font again, which does work
but I want something a little different
 I found another font which is quite playful. As I had used red in the other posters
I thought it would be a good idea to Colour the flowers, but I think
it doesn't actually work that well.
 I decided to take the flowers from the type and add it to the 
filigree plant patterns
Finally I changed the colour of the flowers to a darker red and added
a darker blue back drop to the type and bush to give it some definition

No comments:

Post a Comment