Tuesday 7 February 2012

Post Card Brief

For the post card brief I have chose purple as my colour, I have changed and manipulated photos I have taken to produce new and interesting images
 Post Card 1

 The first post card I have created has been made from a photo I took in Cambodia
to start with I created a mask layer then changed the Hue and Saturation to create
a purple sky
 Next I used the marque tool to draw out squares, I cut and pasted the selection and rotated it
45 degrees over and over at different sizes to create this crazy pattern

I created another mask layer and played with the hue once more, I think
this yellow colour compliments the purple.
Final Outcome

Post Card 2

My second post card has been created using 
a photo of the space museum in Berlin
I used the same process as before changing the Hue 
and Saturation to give a purple background

I Cut and pasted Shapes from the image and rotated
them once again to get the desired effect
Final Outcome

Post Card 3

This image was made from a photo from Val D'Isere
 I follwed the same stages as the other post cards playing with shapes
then rotating them

Final outcome

Post Card 4

This post card has been edited from another photo from cambodia
 I created another layer and changed the hue

 Rotated circular shapes again

Final Outcome
Post Card 5

 My final postcard has been made from a photo of
a lamp shade I took
 Once again I changed the Hue
Using the Polygonal Lasoo tool I drew a triangle shape
I then copied aspects of the image and rotated them
Once I had a pattern I liked I followed the same steps but with 
circle shapes to create the image below
Final Outcome

FINAL POSTCARDS




Unfotunatley due to time I was not able to double side print them on nice stock
however if I had more time I would of liked to have a nice gloss finished
stock, I think the colours work well an I have thoroughly enjoyed the 
process and look forward to experimenting with Photoshop

No comments:

Post a Comment