Wednesday 1 February 2012

100 THINGS // BILLION POUNDS

For this poster my fact was : if you had 1 billion pounds and spent a pound every second it would take you 317 years to spend it all. I decided to use a till as my main image. I created this outline on illustrator.
 
 Next I created a masking layer to go onto the till by playing about with some shapes and images
 I figured imagery showing the stages of life would represent 
the 317 years needed to spend all that cash
I then hand drew some type displaying the fact then scanned it in.
Next  I live traced the text in and changed the colours using the paint tool.
 Ive tried to stick to one colour scheme throughout.
 I created a birthday cake image as an alternative solution

I finally settled for this image, I removed the sun like shape
and overlayed a till image to fit within the silhouette 
and also a stack of coins.

I think this poster has come out quite nicely 
I like the colours used as they work 
together well, and sit nicely on the
cream background.


No comments:

Post a Comment