Tuesday 7 February 2012

100 THINGS // PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT BOOKLET

From the research I found online I created a booklet of info graphs, showing the rates of production and destruction of bank notes over the years. I thought of ways I could represent the information, below is a design sheet with various ideas. In the end I decided to use an image of each bank note and create a graph over the top to represent the facts and figures.

 
 From here I went on to look at how I could turn it into a booklet, I thought about doing a hot dog fold booklet but decided against the idea and just went for a 5 fold double sided booklet. I decided to keep the colour scheme quite simple so It fit in with rest of the products I had thought about doing.

I looked at producing graphs for all the statistical data I found but due to time restraints I did not manage to complete this.


Here is the cover for the booklet, I think this works quite well, it is simple and easy to read and also fits in with the rest of the products.

Final Product Booklet




Overall I am quite happy with how the booklet came out, If I had more time I would of produced the booklet on some gloss finished paper as this would of given the booklet a more professional feel, the stock I used was some antique paper, and due to time restrictions I could not pront double sided so I had to stick the paper back to back which made the booklet quite thick and had to stay flat. I would of liked to of made the graphs a bit more inventive too as they are pretty much bar charts, but I feel they do the job and convey the information well.

No comments:

Post a Comment