Wednesday 21 November 2012

Crit Feedback - Print Book

Todays crit would of been more useful if I had more content for my book at the moment I am quit behind on my schedule  I have been creating different examples of printing processes this week . So I have spent allot of my time in the print workshop and less time on my book. Over the next few days hopefully I will be up to speed.

Strengths

Nice construction
Actual examples of foiling etc. This is a good way to comunicate the technique
The size of the box & format is handy and small, its also memorable
Foiling and screen printing samples tangible
The typefaces are simple and legible makes it look neat and tidy.
Drawn layouts look clear. Script typeface necessary?

Areas for Improvement

Vector shapes are really simple to understand but reminds me of the olympics
Is the format just a simple booklet?
On the cover the title looks lost in the CMYK colours - do you need to use CMYK. Might be too many colours to look at - or the key could be the form of the text.

From here I need to go away and finish off my content. I think I might reconsider my colour sceme because everybody seems to doing this. I think I have my work cut out if I want to make a well informed print manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment