Wednesday 3 October 2012

Packaging and Identity Workshop

My Products

Packaging




 


Branding and Identity







In todays session we each brought in our items for both packaging and branding and identity we made lists of High, middle and low quality items. We disagreed on a few items but generally all had the same idea. We looked at things like the complexity of the design, the concept, colours and so on.







Overall Group Categories

Top

Nice feeling Stock
Sustainability
Looks Expensive
Durability
Net Complexity

Middle

Disposability
Durability is good but design does not match
Not amazing design or stock is mundane
Familiarity

Low

Over Complicated
Garish Colours
Contextual Colours
Looking Mass Produced
Poor Quality Imagery
Attempted Mimic 
Unnecessary Packaging

Part 2

In the afternoon session with Lorraine we were asked to take one example of our packages and break it appart. From here we had to draw out the net 100 times and then chose our 5 logos from our Identity items and rebrand the packaging using the 5 logos. We were expected to do 20 per brand, I only managed to get up to 24 designs overall, but as the session went on I came up with different solutions to the problem. I took into consideration the different print processes that I could use when designing the packaging, I tried to incorporate a bit of colour to make it a bit more visually interestiong. I played about with the style, size and possition of the logo I also tried to change it slightly to see what works well.


Here I started looking at the UKF logo. UKF are a music company that promote
drum and bass and dubstep music. They organise events and have recently become
a real record label. Their logo is quite simple but readable. The blue colour works well
its not too garish. I tried to consider how the package would look intact. Some 
designs work allot better than others.
Here are more UKF packages. I then started looking at the Mothers of India Fragrances
the packaging for this was quite simple but I thought there was allot you can do with it. The
logo is simple but really nice. I think foiling would be a nice process for this packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment