Thursday 14 February 2013

RESPONSIVE SESSION - GROUP PARTNERS

Code : JOSH  Mikey

Why have you chosen to work with your creative partner? What are your aims?

I have chosen to work with Mikey as we are quite like minded and have similar sense of humour. We have also helped each other on briefs in the past, when coming up with concepts and ideas. Mikey has different set of skills to me also, I am looking forward to combining these to come up with something new and interesting and an outcome that would be different to what we would produce individually. Mikey is good at type and photography and I am better at production and image.

We already have a healthy working relationship. In the past we have helped each other crit and develop our work. Josh has skills in illustration and product production which are areas where my skill lacks. We both share an interest in branding and identity.

What are your specific areas of creative interest in this brief? 

I like the fact the brief is quite secretive, its a hidden brand initially which allows for a creative outcome with no boundaries. This definitely makes the brief more fun and appealing. I am also quite interested in branding and I am looking forward to creating some sort of churchill campaign/brand.

I like the fact we have such an open brief with just a desired outcome. I like that we would be able to take a humorousapproach to this brief as well as inform a specific audience hopefully by using production and finishing techniques that I have not yet used.

What specific design skills do you have to offer in relation to your chosen brief? How do you intend to use them?

I think I am good at print production and finishes. I have experimented with all the different processes art college and have become quite comfortable in the print rooms. I think we will be doing a heavily print based outcome so my skills and experience will come into play towards the final stages. I'm also good at illustration, this is something we may be using with the project.

I think I am good at idea generation, which will help develop ideas. branding and identity could also come into play in this brief. Photography is another skill I could use even if it is just producing photos of our final product.


What specific non-design skills do you have to offer in relation to your chosen brief? How do you intend to use them?

I feel my presentation skills have improved tonnes during this course, and hopefully this will show when trying to get across our concepts in crits clearly and thoroughly. Equally Mikeys presentation skills are good so together I think we will be able to convey our project well. My phone skills are pretty good, due to telesales jobs, this will come in handy when ringing printers etc.

Critiquing - after an initial idea has been created I think I feel that one of my skills is my ability to crit work with an open mind and through past experience it seems that my ideas/ opinions are quite well received so I think working in a pair would develop these skills as well as help aid the development of the design and concept itself.


What will your specific roles be in the collaboration in relation to your brief?

Illustrator
Print Production
Finisher

Photography
Brand Identity
Typographer


What will your individual responsibilities be in relation to your brief?

Visual Research
Audience Research
Illustrations
Screen Printing
Finishes

Contextual Research
Product Research

Photography

What will your joint responsibilities be?

Design Development
Concept Generation
Research
Self Critiquing

JOINT PROBLEMS AND BENEFITS

problems:
  1. Time Spent together
  2. Design Descisions
  3. Ethical/Political/Moral Stand Points
  4. Additional Workload
benefits:
  1. Different opinions/concepts/idea perspective
  2. Solve skills gap
  3. Shared costs/resources
  4. Professional integrity
  5. Improved communication Skills

No comments:

Post a Comment