Sunday 9 October 2011

ALPHABET SOUP//TYPEFACE//OUGD403

Alphabet Soup Initial Ideas

Using the words I have chosen for Sam I have experimented creating typefaces around existing fonts. I printed out some existing fonts such as Rockwell and Stencil, I changed the opacity so I could work on top of them.


Above are the fonts I created. I'm not a big fan of the first font I tried to include too many aspects into the font which has made the typeface a bit too messy. The 2nd font is based on stencil, I  really like how this font has turned out. Its simple and still has the aspects of dinosaurs and loyalty. The 3rd font is supposed to be in the style of a time machine. I quite like this typeface, the letters are legible and also detailed. I really like the last font. I have tried to incorporate both aspects here. I think it has worked really well, Its quite simple but also interesting to look at. It is legible and meets the brief well I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment