Friday 30 September 2011

Alphabet Soup//OUGD403//Series Ideas

Series Ideas

From my initial ideas I chose to go with the letter X, I think the type face I have based my work letters on works very well (Blackoak Std). The letter is quite big and bold which gave me allot to play with. I decided to go with a series of designs based on the word POP.
 When it came to testing I couldnt find away of piercing holes in the paper to add pop art style dots. I tried a hand drill but that destroyed my paper, the hole punch couldn't reach all the page and a scalpel would not give a neat enough circle so I changed my series slightly.

FINAL DESIGNS







For my final set I started off with adding some pop art style dots then added and shadow on the letter based on a piece of work in my research, from  there I transformed the letter using the 60's pop font style. Finally I changed the letter into popcorn. I am happy with the outcome of the series. I think the letters stand out well on a black card background. It gives a nice contrast between the black and white.

2 comments: