Wednesday 28 September 2011

OUGD403 Design Skills // Brief // Alphabet Soup

Brief // Alphabet Soup

One of the briefs I am working on at the moment is called Alphabet Soup. I have to produce a set, series or sequence of ten visual variations of a letterform (ten A’s for example) that explore and communicate my interpretation of the word that I selected from the randomiser. Which in my case is the word 'Pop' All designs will be based on existing letterforms and designed to a 15cm x 15cm format. There is a limited colour palette of black and white. 

I researched the word pop and found various meanings: 

  • to make a short, quick, explosive sound: The cork popped.
  • to burst open with such a sound, as chestnuts or corn in roasting.
  • to come or go quickly, suddenly, or unexpectedly: She popped into the kitchen to check the stove.
  • to shoot with a firearm: to pop at a mark.
  • to protrude from the sockets: The news made her eyes pop.
  • pop art
  • popular music: It's the first time she's sung pop
From these definitions I'm sure I can come up with something quite creative. There's quite a few different avenues I can go down with 'pop' and I look forward to experimenting with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment