Monday 10 October 2011

Alphabet Soup

Development Work

Here I have created some fonts that relate to Sam, based on existing typefaces. I am quite happy with the outcome. I have tried to Incorporate loyalty, dinosaurs and time travel.

This typeface was based on the font Alba, I'm not that keen on this to be honest, Its a bit too dinosaury for my liking, I was hoping to include other aspects into the design. It still works well but I would prefer to include aspects of loyalty and time travel.
I have based this type on Rockwell, but I think I will use Rockwell bold next time as it will allow more to play with. I really like how this has turned out. It reads well but has detail and aspects of everything i was trying to include. The crowns represent loyalty, the machine like parts represent time travel and finally the bones show the dinosaur concept. I cant decided whether I like this one more than the one below. I will have to experiment to make a decision.


The above type face is based on Stencil, I really like how this has turned out, Its simple but quite stylish. Its quite a subtle change but works well I feel. I like the solid blackness of the lettering. The detailed parts of the letters break the type up a bit which I think gives it a nice contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment