Tuesday 6 March 2012

TRY SOMETHING NEW // REGGAE ALBUM DESIGN

I have chosen my genre to be REGGAE, I have a good interesting in reggae anyway so this is not a problem. To start with I came up with various different ideas on paper. I thought about all the things I asociate with Reggae, such as : 
  • Rastas
  • Ganja
  • Africa
  • Lion of Judah
  • Haille Sallasi I
  • Jamaica
 Here are a few Ideas I came up with:



I decided to Play about on Illustrator first playing with Reggae symbols. I drew out a CD sleeve net and worked ontop of them.
After looking at various reggae albums I decided I wanted to create something with a hand rendered feel to it so I drew my design on paper then scanned it in.
 First of all I drew out the nets

 I decided to use the lion of Judah and a ganja leaf to represent Reggae 
I think the repeat pattern works well
 I decided to create a hand drawn cover to first of all I drew it out
 Next I changed the contrast and brightness on Photoshop to make
the lines clearer and easier to live trace
I then live traced the image in Illustrator
I decided to choose purple and black as the 2 colours
we will use an off white creamy stock.

 Here are the final Outcomes. I will ask the group which they prefer
tomorrow, my personal favorites are the bottom left and middle top
Illustrated beard works better?

Here is a trial CD sleeve I made to see if a CD would
fit in it. I am happy with the size and pattern used.
 Lion of Judah

 I really like the pattern here. I think I need to incorporate the purple 
into the pattern though as its lacking some colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment