Monday 19 March 2012

STAMP IT // DESIGN DEVELOPMENT

For my set of stamps I wanted to keep the message simple and clear so I went for the reduce, reuse recycle concept. I have played on the users guilt with the stasmps. I incorporated mirrors into the stamps stating that its "your responsibility for the planets future" I think this has a strong impact. I aimed the stamps and the younger generations I wanted to use strong colours to draw you in and I feel the mirrored aspect is eye catching too.

I started off creating the green and purple set of stamps firstly. I chose green and purple as green symbolizes nature and recycling and purple is royalty and wisdom which I think represents the message.
The stamps work as a series so the mirror spreads
across all 4 stamps.
This is the message I am trying to communicate.
 I experimented making patterned backgrounds that correspond to
each message.
Type experiment - I thought the white would break the image up a bit but I 
think it just ruins the stamp.
 
 
I looked at using wisdom script for the smaller font
but I figured at a small scale this would be
illegible.
 Here is my final idea for this set of stamps. I think the type reads well
I changed the 2nd font to helvetica as this is the most legible font
I feel.

Stamp Booklet
 I experimented making the booklet. I tried mixing some shapes up
with the type but it didn't work well. I didn't have enough room
to do what I intended.
This is the final design for this set of stamps. It is simple
and works well with the stamps.

For my next set of stamps I decided to put individual mirrors 
on each of the stamps to see if the message was communicated
any better. I think overall these stamps do work better.
They are allot more eye-catching and interesting to look at.

I like how these stamps look. They are easy to read and
eye-catching
 I decided to play around with the colours as all the stamps look pretty similar.
I think this works well. I have included the price in these too.
I tried the purple and green combo. In a few shades and found this one
worked best and was easiest to read

 The type is quite difficult to read on the darker
purple background


Booklet
I tried keeping everything in series so the booklet is 
in the same style and colour scheme I will print
these on a satin finish to give them a professional
quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment