Wednesday 25 January 2012

Self Evaluation

what is the problem?
to inform, entertain and help the public with general money facts and tips
 
what subject/area of study are you focusing on?
I'm looking at bank notes - the lifespan and life cycle, also interesting facts you wouldn't necessarily know I am hoping to look at the recession and also money origami

to what depth are you investigating this area/subject? is this sufficient?
Due to a change in direction I have swayed away from my previous topic of lost cities so at the minute my research into money is only really starting.

what is the form of your research to date?
So far I have done allot of blogging, also notes and sketches in my notebook. Also a survey online.

what visual material do you have to work with?
Originally I collected 200 images or so to do with lost cites but since I started looking into money I have just been looking at the security features on notes, money origami and other money related imagery and posters

is there an appropriate amount of work for the time you have had to develop it?
I think I have produced a good amount of work so far, I just need to crack on with my research for my new topic and start working on some visual ideas.

if there isn't, why is this? how could you improve your work-rate?
In order to improve my work I need to work on my time management. A plan or timetable could help.

What is your timescale? when is the deadline?
The dead line is in a couple of weeks, I have booked a print slot for the friday before hand in so hopefully I will have enough time to get everything sorted for then. I will use drop in sessions however as I feel it will be very busy on that day

What methods are you using to evaluate the progress of your ideas?
Annotating my sketches a blog posts.


Focus


what are you trying to communicate?
I am trying to educate, entertain and maybe help people looking at the aspect of money

what audience have you identified?
students, general public, the information isn't highly serious it will be light hearted.

how do you intend to solve this?
I am hoping to create a series of products such as posters, booklet, leaflet, money box etc. that will hopefully entertain and inform the public all the items would be promotional and free.

what further research does this require?
Recession Facts
 

Development


have you moved on from your initial starting point? if so how and why?
I have completely moved off my original topic of lost cities, I had researched in detail and I felt there was nowhere I could really go with it, so I then thought about looking at the preservation of money and then this has lead onto general interesting facts about money.

what processes will you need to use to develop your work?
Design sheets and regular blogging also critical feedback from tutors and peers hopefully screen printing and use of the scanner

do these processes require workshop access?
Scanner
Screen Printing

when do you intend to access these workshops?
Scanner through the week and hopefully the screen printing work shops in the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment