Monday 30 January 2012

100 THINGS // HUMMING BIRD = PENNY

For this poster my fact is : A penny weighs 3.5 grams this is the same weight as the average humming bird
I started by creating this image on illustrator using the pen tool
 I added a background I created, I used green to signify money
Once I had my image in place, I played about with type 
to form a pound sign (£)
 I tried creating curved text and experimenting with colours. Also manipulating letters like the golden 'A'
Here is my final design for this Poster 

After creating the poster above I decided to try an alternative in a different style, I started by drawing the outline of a humming bird on illustrator then filling it with black


 From here I overlayed a few images and textures and created another clipping mask
in the shape of a penny to represent the connection

 I then added text that curves round the penny, I think this gives
a nice composition
 Finally I added the back ground and logo and played about with layout

Overall I am quite happy with these posters and feel they all work well. Ideally it would be nice to 
get them screen printed but due to time constraints this is looking unlikely. The colour scheme is minimal
and this definitely works in its favor.


No comments:

Post a Comment