Monday 7 May 2012

POP ANIMATION

Fizzy Pop Idea

The first Idea I tried was a hand drawn fizzy pop stop motion, firstly i drew out my word pop in the style of some drinking glasses, every time i drew a bit more liquid I took a photo, I used hole punch cut-outs to re-create the bubbles in the drink. Unfortunately half way through the process my camera battery ran out. which made getting the camera back into position was quite difficult. If I were to do it again I would make sure I had a sturdier tripod as I had a real bodge set up to suspend the camera over the paper.

FIZZY POP GIF


Pop Corn Idea

Originally I wanted to create a hand drawn stop motion video, but after creating the fizzy pop animation I felt it was lacking quality. I found it was hard to produce it to a high quality. So I thought it would be nice to use actually items. For my popcorn Idea I bought some kernels and popped half of them. I laid out the kernels into the word pop one by one to create a sequence of photos in which the kernels popped into actual popcorn. After a full day of trying to work out how to make a GIF image I finally succeed. The GIF contains 70 photos showing the progression of type based on the word pop. I think I have communicated the message well in a fun and playful way. It was also a very beneficial process as I now know how to make videos and GIF images.

POP CORN GIF



Creating the GIF Images


To make the GIF images I opened up all the photos in Photoshop in separate layers but in the same document. 

Once I had all the photos in order I opened up the animation panel

then in the animation options menu I clicked on the make frames
from layers option
Once all my layers had been converted to frames I selected 
them all in the animation panel
I changed the frame time and also made sure it was on a
continuous loop.
 Finally to save the file as a GIF I used the save for 
web and devices option

Crit Feed Back 

From the crit I found Jack and Andy was happy with my Stop Motion Video's they suggested trying to create a digital version of the fizzy pop animation. I think this is definitely something I will have ago at. This should make it look steady and neat. I can probably create this using scree shots as I alter the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment