Thursday 3 May 2012

Its Your Choice

BRIEF

Select a brief, task, response or product that you have completed as part of the programme and improve on it. What will choose & why? How will you improve it and for what reason?

Review all the work, tasks and workshops that you have been involved in since September and identify an opportunity to revisit something that you wish you had more time to complete, could change the decisions that you made or should have researched / developed more thoroughly. You can only select from briefs that you have completed and not those that are currently under development.

Background / Considerations

What we are asking you to do is simple - that doesn't make it easy.

This brief is offering you the benefit of Hind-sight, a second chance or another attempt. It is a lifeline to revisit and rescue a good idea from a lack of time, a bad decision in an otherwise promising body of work or an opportunity to take an concept / idea / or product further. How will you make the most of this opportunity.

We are not asking you to just re do a brief. Whatever you choose should act as starting point that offers you the chance to develop a substantial exploration of an problem, idea, concept, process. Can you extend your initial ideas into a range of products, a deeper investigation of context / function / format or review your response to a group project.  


For this brief I have decided to look at one of the first briefs we were given ALPHABET SOUP//VISUAL THINKING. In this brief we were each given a word and we had to create a set, series or sequence of 10 letter-forms that relate to our given word. I decided to look at things the word represented. After the image sequence seminar we had the other day I was really keen on the idea of creating a stop motion animation. I drew up a few ideas for the animation with various concepts. Originally I wanted to link all the ideas into one big animation but I don't think that is plausible so I will concentrate on looking at them separately.

Here are my initial Ideas for the animation:


POP Possibilities

Fizzy Pop
Bubble Wrap
Pop Corn
Pop Tarts
POP music
Pop font
Bubbles Popping

Animation Story Boards
 
My favorite idea  was the pop corn. I think this is the most
inventive and playful, I Think it would be fun to do it with
real popcorn 
 I also quite like the idea of fizzy pop although it could be hard to 
animate the bubbles well.
As much as I like the idea of a champagne bottle popping
I think it would be quite difficult to animate to a good quality
I like the idea of using actual bubble wrap. 
I went to the post office the other day however
they were currently out of stock

No comments:

Post a Comment