Monday 22 April 2013

GLOW IN THE DARK EXHIBITION CONCEPT

WHAT I PLAN TO DO

In order to make the exhibition fun and engaging to a younger audience I want to create a glow room, which is blank during the day light but when the lights are off information will come to light. This will have quite a powerful effect I feel, which hopefully create some excitement amongst the exhibition.


 My phosphorus powder recently arrived, The charge does not last very long so I'm thinking maybe a black light could be left on in the room to power up the artwork so that the images glow brighter when the lights are out. This could also double up to help find information if all the charge runs out.

FINAL ORGANISMS

I have chosen 20 different organisms, to work with this is quite ambitious but I think its a nice contrast between land and sea. Theres a combination of fungus and insects for the land organisms, and fish and marine invertebrates  for the sea. I think this is a good amount to work with and will hopefully fill a room.


LAND

Critters

Motyxia Millipede
Glow Worms
Click Beetle
Railroad Worm
Tropical Landsnail
Fire Fly

Fungus

Panelius Stipiticus
Foxfire Mushrooms
Mycena Luxaeterna
Ghost Fungus


SEA

Vampire Squid
8 Armed Glowing Squid
Sea Pens
Aequorea Victoria Jelly Fish
Comb Jelly Fish
Cookie Cutter Shark
Copepods
Angler Fish
Lantern Fish
Flash Light Fish

PICTURE FRAMES


I want to create a gallery like exhibition, with the work displayed in picture frames. The plan will be for the frames to be blank in daylight, But when the lights go out the images will appear.

LASER CUT CUSTOM FRAMES


I Thought it might be a nice idea to laser cut some frames out that might reference the animals when the canvas is blank. I could have fish bowl shaped frames for the sea and logs and grassy frames for the land organisms. This creates a bit more interest I feel as it makes you want to guess what the organism could be.

OTHER PRODUCTS


I needed to think of how I could extend the concept across other products so drew up a few Ideas. An invitation to the exhibition will be a nice product to produce, It can be easily screen printed in the same way as the prints and is a nice touch. A concertina leaflet can also be printed easily displaying info on the exhibition and a bit about the organisms etc. Signage and way finding could be an interesting route to go down to add an extra element to the exhibition. I will also need to produce plaques displaying the name of the organisms & information about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment