Tuesday 24 April 2012

What is a line - Banana Cook Book

What is A line

I started by drawing out a few sketches. I decided on a concertina style book
as I thought this would emphasize the queue aspect of the concept.





Experimenting with Type


After researching different recipes online I started inserting each meal of the day
Banana Food Time Line

I thought the eyes were a bit too Jokey so I 
decided subtle lines would work better

I created a series of monkeys on illustrator


Back Page Idea


Here is my document ready to screen Print
Here is my book after the 2 colour screen print, once I had got this out of the way I 
tried a spot of foiling to finish it off. I am really happy with the finish and outcome of the book
I did have a few problems with foiling but I managed to save it.

Final Prints







Adding the Cover

 I cut out grey board to the size of my cover then PVA glued bookrum onto it

 Once I had made the book covers I used the lazer cutter to emboss my cover
I decided against making it too complicated so I just used the banana
I used this press do do my embossing
 Once I had glued my book in I left them in a vice to set.

Final Outcome






No comments:

Post a Comment